My name is Emily and since childhood I have always had a love of food. After studying sciences at school and gaining work experiences in healthcare settings, I decided to marry up my passion for nutrition and helping others by training to become a Registered Dietitian (RD). I believe life is for living… and food is life!
I completed a Bachelor’s degree in Nutrition & Dietetics and qualified as a RD in 2011. Since then, I have worked solely for the NHS and gained a wealth of experience in providing individualised and evidence-based nutritional advice.
Key areas of my clinical practice include:
- Gastroenterology – including IBS, food intolerance, Coeliac and Inflammatory Bowel Diseases
- Surgery – providing pre and post-operative nutritional counselling to people undergoing gastrointestinal surgery
- Oncology – supporting individuals so they may meet their nutritional needs before during and after their cancer treatment
- Hepatology – providing tailoured advice for individuals with liver and biliary conditions
- Critical care – working as part of the healthcare team to ensure a person’s nutritional needs are met to support their recovery from critical illness
- Cardiology – including working with people following a heart attack to lead a “cardio-protective” lifestyle
- Weight management- working with individuals to provide motivational and individualised nutritional and lifestyle counselling in order to help them reach their goals
Moving forward, I have decided to take the plunge and from January 2018 will be starting out as a Freelance Dietitian.
As a Military Wife, I am about to embark upon my third house move in as many years. This brings opportunity for travel and new friends, as well as professional endeavours.
I have decided to leave my NHS role and focus on setting up my own nutrition consultancy and in doing so, sharing my knowledge of nutritional science and helping others to achieve their health and wellness goals.
Education, Certification and Memberships
- Bachelor of Science honours degree in Nutrition and Dietetics (2011) – University of Surrey
- Master of Science degree in Clinical Research (funded by the National Institute of Health & Research) (2014) – University of East Anglia
- HCPC Registered (Health & Care Professionals Council)
- Full member of the BDA (British Dietetic Association)
Last Updated January 2018